Without further ado, here are the top 10 moments from this year’s show and the experience updates coming in August 2021...
10: Flipgrid is getting a totally fresh design! Starting off with some big news: the new simplified design will allow you to focus on what matters most: connecting, discussing, and sharing with your community. Check it out.
9. Educators can create topics on the mobile app! There’s not much more to say except you asked and we heard you big time.
8. Music can be added to Flipgrid videos! With this new feature, you will be able to select the perfect track from our thematic playlists and the song will auto-adjust to fit the length of your video. Just adjust the volume to complement your brilliant vocals.
7. You can now add backdrops to your videos! Just like a green screen except way cooler and better. Choose from one of our built-in images or upload your own. Plus, you can engage with your content by dynamically switching sides of the canvas whenever you want and add text, stickers, and drawings.
6. We’ve added more integration! Add reflection and inquiry to the world of Minecraft with the new Flipgrid topic integration! And with a deeper integration for Teams for Education, you’ll be able to assign a Flipgrid to students using Teams Assignments with the new Teams Assignment App.
5. New camera features are coming! You'll see us consistently adding new stickers, filters, boards, frames, and more to the camera to better tell your stories. Tweet us your suggestions!
4. Safety and accessibility remain paramount. Hear it directly from our accessibility, trust, and safety team. We are committed to ensuring your data and privacy is secure on Flipgrid and that all Flipgrid features are built with accessibility top-of-mind.
3. ...Oh and we made FLIPGRID LENSES!!! This is not a drill, people. Can’t wait to see your stories come to life in a new lens! Take a peek.
2. That magical moment when our Student Voice Ambassadors shared their voices. If you haven’t seen it, you can watch it here.
1. YOU - our amazing community. You constantly inspire us, guide our product, and show how to truly empower every voice. All of the updates were built with you in mind, channeling your stories, requests, and ideas. Watch what your amazing community did last year.
FlipgridLIVE is our annual celebration to share the biggest updates of the year and we will continue innovating and rolling out additional updates, guided by your feedback.
These updates will be available starting in early August, so keep an eye on your emails to be one of the first to give them a try!
Thank you for all you do to Empower Every Voice.
If you’re new to Flipgrid, this article can help answer questions on getting started for educators.
Don’t have an account yet? Sign up for Flipgrid here.