Flipgrid is inspired by and created with YOU! Thank you for constantly sharing your stories, feedback, and ideas. Together we build an even more inclusive, simple, flexible, safe, and creative experience for all!
- Backdrops: Flipgrid community members can now use a set of backgrounds or add their own image or video (web only) to bring even more creativity to Flipgrid.
- Music: We’ve added 30+ instrumental tracks to Flipgrid for community members to add music to their responses.
- Mobile Updates: Educators can now add topics and leave feedback directly on their mobile devices. Members can also navigate between multiple groups on mobile devices much more seamlessly!
- GIFs on Desktop: We are bringing GIFs to the web! Community members can now add GIFs to their responses directly from their laptops.
- 16 New Camera Filters: We’ve added over a dozen new and colorful filters to the Flipgrid camera!
- Edit Comments: Teachers and students no longer have to delete and rewrite comments, they can simply edit them on mobile and web.
- Bitmoji Topic Media: Flipgrid and Bitmoji have teamed up so you can personalize your profile with a Bitmoji avatar and add Bitmoji as a Topic Media.
- Google Classroom Roster: Launching Dec 21, you can sync Google Classroom rosters to Flipgrid discussions, making student access easier than ever!
- Mic Only mode: Whether your learners are working on a podcast or simply want their camera off, students can now record a video using only audio while still accessing the full Flipgrid suite of creative boards, frames, stickers, and emojis!
- Shorts Updates: Add a title to any new or existing Shorts video, search your Shorts Library, quickly copy a link to your Shorts video.
- Student List Batch Action: Now you can batch action any individual student’s videos within the Students Tab in the Flipgrid Admin.
- Timestamps: Now add a timestamp in a Text Comment for a Video Response or for a Flipgrid Topic Focus video in the Topic Description
- Flipgrid Nametags: Now select the nametag option when selecting your Flipgrid Cover Image!
- Edit Captions in Flipgrid: Edit the captions of any Flipgrid video via the Educator Dashboard!
- Text Comments: Make your discussions even more engaging with text comments!
- Music Stickers: The sticker library now has music stickers!
- Immersive Reader in shared Flipgrid Shorts: The Microsoft Immersive Reader is now in any shared Flipgrid Shorts video!
- Quick Selfies: Flipgrid will automatically select the first frame of your video as your cover photo! Submit it as-is, choose a different frame, upload a pic, or take a new selfie!
New Boards: chalkboard, dotted paper, grid paper, lined paper, galaxy, rainbow, and cotton candy
Split-Screen Boards: drag the board across your screen to record your board on one side and your video on the other
New Creative Fonts: eight new fun fonts to help your learners express their creativity
New Filters: rainbow, lemon-lime, seafoam, old town, rocket, mermaid, grayscale, black and white, pixel, block, and ninjacat
New Frames: neon, stars, paint, boke, photo frame, news, floral, and jungle, ocean, and unicorn courtesy of our friends at Microsoft Education
Stickers: math, equality, onomatopoeia, speech bubbles, ASL, and Giphy
Topic: viewing and responding to Topics is easier than ever and videos now have more space on the screen
Video Player: when you click into a video, a new modern design will put student voice front-and-center, and you can now also see which video is “up next”
Stand-Alone Topics: create your discussion prompt, choose how your community will access, and share
Single Email Access: when inviting your community to join your Flipgrid Topic, you can now grant access to specific emails, making the invite to guests and family members a breeze
Adobe Spark Integration: we partnered with our friends at Adobe to make Spark videos play right inside your Flipgrid Topics
Groups: we still have Grids, now they’re called “Groups” - Groups allow your learners to access multiple Topics with a single code; your existing Grids are now listed as Groups and you can still be able to access Flipgrid like you always by creating a Group then adding Topics
Video Quickview: reviewing, editing, sharing, replying, and editing captions from your Educator Dashboard is easier than ever
Collections: collections are groups of Flipgrid Topic templates - now every educator can create and share Collections with colleagues
Featured Topics: we are now spotlighting a Topic of the Day to jumpstart engagement with your class and a new Wonder of the Day in partnership with our friends at Wonderopolis
Partner Pages: the new Partner Pages contain all the information you need on each Flipgrid partner, such as their website and social accounts as well as all their Discovery Library Topics and Collections
Screen Recording in Flipgrid: educators and learners can now record their screen using the Flipgrid camera
10-minute Video Responses: we have doubled the max length of Flipgrid videos - in your Topic settings, you can now adjust the response time limit to as short as 15 seconds or as long as 10 minutes
Updated Feedback in Flipgrid: when providing feedback to learners, educators can now set custom criteria and scoring from 0-100
Audio Over Flipgrid Videos: play music from your phone while recording a Flipgrid video on our iOS and Android apps
All Emojis for Topic Media: access the full emoji library AND our Flipgrid custom stickers when choosing your Topic media
Create and Share MixTapes: check the box next to any Flipgrid video across your Topics to easily add them to a view-only, shareable MixTape - perfect for student portfolios, semester highlights, family night memories, and so much more
Buncee Topic Focus: select Buncee creations as your Topic media
Video Notifications: change your video email notifications to be either weekly or daily
Educator Mode on the Flipgrid Mobile Apps: manage your Flipgrid Topics while you’re on the go by activating Educator Mode on the Flipgrid mobile app
Easier Flipgrid QR Codes: pick and choose which QR codes you want for your #FlipgridAR display by selecting multiple video Responses then click “Print QR Codes”
Flipgrid on Edge: Flipgrid works great on any device and now is better than ever on the all-new Microsoft Edge
Librarian in Disco Lib: filter by “Librarian” in the Discovery Library to discover launch-ready Topics to share with your learners